Re: magic installation woes [OT]

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Tim McDaniel, Aug 23, 2012.

  1. Tim McDaniel

    Tim McDaniel Guest

    In article <>,
    Cal Dershowitz <> wrote:
    >Q1) What does it mean to be "processing triggers?"
    >
    >Processing triggers for man-db ...
    >Setting up libmagickwand4 (8:6.6.9.7-5ubuntu3.1) ...
    >Setting up imagemagick (8:6.6.9.7-5ubuntu3.1) ...
    >Setting up libnetpbm10 (2:10.0-15) ...
    >Setting up netpbm (2:10.0-15) ...
    >Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
    >ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
    >
    >Q2) What's that now? ^^^^

    It is, so far as I have ever seen, normal (if verbose) output
    explaining what normal and successful steps are being done at each
    point. I saw them hundreds of times while successfully updating
    packages. In sum, I don't know and it doesn't matter. If you repeat
    the command, you should see that it has 0 packages to install; if you
    look at the packages installed on your system, the list should include
    the one(s) on your previous command line.

    --
    Tim McDaniel,

    Tim McDaniel, Aug 23, 2012