Re: Make submit look like a text link

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Els, Jan 4, 2009.

  1. Els

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Imagine how frustrating it would be for visitors to your home where the
    > round door knob on the front door was only ornamental and did nothing,
    > and twisting the doorbell was what was required to open the door!

    Incidentally, that's how it works where I live. Although I'd advise
    pushing the doorbell instead of twisting it. But the round door knob
    is indeed ornamental - we don't want people from the street coming in
    without ringing the doorbell first! :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jan 4, 2009

  2. Els wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Imagine how frustrating it would be for visitors to your home where the
    >> round door knob on the front door was only ornamental and did nothing,
    >> and twisting the doorbell was what was required to open the door!

    > Incidentally, that's how it works where I live. Although I'd advise
    > pushing the doorbell instead of twisting it. But the round door knob
    > is indeed ornamental - we don't want people from the street coming in
    > without ringing the doorbell first! :)

    Thank for trouncing my analogy! ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 4, 2009

  3. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >>> Incidentally, that's how it works where I live. Although I'd advise
    >>> pushing the doorbell instead of twisting it. But the round door knob is
    >>> indeed ornamental - we don't want people from the street coming in
    >>> without ringing the doorbell first! :)
    >>>

    >> Thank for trouncing my analogy! ;-)
    >>

    > I might suppose that the fact that some of us have levers instead of knobs
    > creates further analogical issues?

    That's pondian, innit? Levers prevail on the right side; knobs on the
    left?

    --
    Blinky
    The Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association: http://thewssa.org
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2009
  4. Els

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 03 Jan 2009, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >>> Thank for trouncing my analogy! ;-)
    >>>

    >> I might suppose that the fact that some of us have levers instead of
    >> knobs creates further analogical issues?

    > That's pondian, innit? Levers prevail on the right side; knobs on
    > the left?

    Give me a long enough lever and I will lift the world! However, I'd
    probably get more enjoyment out of a big knob.

    - Mark "Choo Choo" Twain

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Jan 4, 2009
  5. Els

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>
    >>> Imagine how frustrating it would be for visitors to your home where the
    >>> round door knob on the front door was only ornamental and did nothing,
    >>> and twisting the doorbell was what was required to open the door!

    >> Incidentally, that's how it works where I live. Although I'd advise
    >> pushing the doorbell instead of twisting it. But the round door knob
    >> is indeed ornamental - we don't want people from the street coming in
    >> without ringing the doorbell first! :)

    > Thank for trouncing my analogy! ;-)

    You're most welcome <g>

    (car analogies are so much better: Imagine how frustrating it would be
    for drivers if their new car used the pedals to steer left and right,
    and the wheel to accelerate and slow down!)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jan 4, 2009
  6. Els

    Joy Beeson Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 22:23:35 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    > Thank for trouncing my analogy! ;-)

    Well, he did say that the purpose of the doorknob/doorbell switch was
    to keep people out.

    We wired up a doorbell button to operate our garage-door opener.
    Sometimes I'd hear the garage door open and find a flabbergasted
    deliveryman standing near our back door.

    Probably worked better than the actual doorbell -- at least I knew
    which door to answer!

    Joy Beeson
    --
    joy beeson at comcast dot net
    http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing
    Joy Beeson, Jan 4, 2009
  7. Els

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 04 Jan 2009, Joy Beeson <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 22:23:35 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Thank for trouncing my analogy! ;-)

    > Well, he did say that the purpose of the doorknob/doorbell switch was
    > to keep people out.
    >
    > We wired up a doorbell button to operate our garage-door opener.
    > Sometimes I'd hear the garage door open and find a flabbergasted
    > deliveryman standing near our back door.
    >
    > Probably worked better than the actual doorbell -- at least I knew
    > which door to answer!

    So then, did you enter the home from the rear by pressing the garage
    door remote?

    Neredbojias, Jan 5, 2009
  8. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Els <>
    writing in news:1mna804ahnlup$.1e6qc98eftmby$:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Imagine how frustrating it would be for visitors to your home where

    the
    >> round door knob on the front door was only ornamental and did

    nothing,
    >> and twisting the doorbell was what was required to open the door!

    > Incidentally, that's how it works where I live. Although I'd advise
    > pushing the doorbell instead of twisting it. But the round door knob
    > is indeed ornamental - we don't want people from the street coming in
    > without ringing the doorbell first! :)

    I have something even more interesting. I live in an old house, which
    has its origianl door knob, and a newer one. To open the door, both
    knobs must be turned together. It's a PITA when you have packages, but
    it does encourage people to use the bell.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 8, 2009
  9. Els

    Els Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > I have something even more interesting. I live in an old house, which
    > has its origianl door knob, and a newer one. To open the door, both
    > knobs must be turned together.

    Here we have that on the door to the pre-school class room - one high
    up and one ordinary one, so kids can't escape.

    > It's a PITA when you have packages, but
    > it does encourage people to use the bell.

    I imagine so! :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jan 8, 2009
  10. Els

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 08 Jan 2009, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Els <>
    > writing in news:1mna804ahnlup$.1e6qc98eftmby$:
    >
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>
    >>> Imagine how frustrating it would be for visitors to your home where

    > the
    >>> round door knob on the front door was only ornamental and did

    > nothing,
    >>> and twisting the doorbell was what was required to open the door!

    >> Incidentally, that's how it works where I live. Although I'd advise
    >> pushing the doorbell instead of twisting it. But the round door knob
    >> is indeed ornamental - we don't want people from the street coming in
    >> without ringing the doorbell first! :)
    >>

    > I have something even more interesting. I live in an old house, which
    > has its origianl door knob, and a newer one. To open the door, both
    > knobs must be turned together.

    Maybe the carpenter thought you needed one for in and one for out...

    Neredbojias, Jan 8, 2009