Re: Making CGI.pm forget

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Xho Jingleheimerschmidt, Jun 20, 2012.

  1. On 06/19/2012 08:51 AM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
    > One aspect of CGI.pm that I've never liked is that it tries to 'remember'
    > form variables from one page to the next --- and worse makes it hard to
    > change a value, preferring to ignore your attempts to change the value and
    > keep the old one unless you go to some bother.

    Is reading the documentation "some bother"?

    -nosticky
    By default the CGI module implements a state-preserving
    behavior called "sticky" fields. The way this works is that if you are
    regenerating a form, the methods that generate the form field values
    will interrogate param() to see if similarly-named parameters are
    present in the query string. If they find a like-named parameter, they
    will use it to set their default values.

    Sometimes this isn't what you want. The -nosticky pragma
    prevents this behavior. You can also selectively change the sticky
    behavior in each element that you generate.

    END DOC

    Xho
    Xho Jingleheimerschmidt, Jun 20, 2012