Re: Making the Menu appear?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:>>

    > Hi there, ive been messing with a menu, at the moment it is displaying in
    > a certain position:
    > You should see:
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.jones13/Test/menu2.htm

    > The two js files are here:
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.jones13/Test/menu_com.js
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.jones13/Test/exmplmenu_var.js

    > If you look, you should be able to see the menu is being displayed half
    > way down the page, i wanted it really, where the existing links are?
    > Any ideas how i would go about this?
    > I do apreciate any help offered. Thanks!

    For positioning, you could try inline style in the table tag.
    See my little toy at http://1-large-world.com/stargate/map1.html

    I created a table then placed the table in the center of the image.
    height="210">

    Richard, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Richard wrote:
    > I created a table then placed the table in the center of the image.
    > height="210">

    That isn't tabular data, and your inline CSS has an error. CSS requires
    a unit for lengths such as px, em, %, etc.

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:>>

    > Richard wrote:
    >> I created a table then placed the table in the center of the image.
    >> width="190" height="210">

    > That isn't tabular data, and your inline CSS has an error. CSS requires
    > a unit for lengths such as px, em, %, etc.

    The default is px. I was surprised to see it work that way. I've also been
    told that it works quite well in various browsers.

    Richard, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Richard

    Chris Morris Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> writes:
    > Leif K-Brooks wrote:>>
    > > That isn't tabular data, and your inline CSS has an error. CSS requires
    > > a unit for lengths such as px, em, %, etc.

    > The default is px. I was surprised to see it work that way. I've also been
    > told that it works quite well in various browsers.

    The default _in Internet Explorer__ is px. The default in the CSS
    specification and in browsers complying to it is to ignore it. It
    works 'quite well' in current versions of one browser. It may work
    'not at all' in the next version of that browser, as it does in most
    other CSS-capable browsers.

    There's an obvious exception for a length of 0, where browsers are
    free to choose a default unit.

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Sep 9, 2003