Re: Managing import statements

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jean-Paul Calderone, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:40:12 -0500, Kent Johnson <> wrote:
    >Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
    >> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 02:21:39 -0700, Shane Hathaway
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> How about PyLint / PyChecker? Can I configure one of them to tell me
    >>> only about missing / extra imports? Last time I used one of those
    >>> tools, it spewed excessively pedantic warnings. Should I reconsider?

    >> I use pyflakes for this: <http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodPyflakes>.
    >> The *only* things it tells me about are modules that are imported but
    >> never used and names that are used but n

    >Do any of these tools (PyLint, PyChecker, pyflakes) work with Jython? To
    >do so they would have to work with Python 2.1, primarily...

    Pyflakes will *check* Python 2.1, though you will have to run pyflakes
    itself using Python 2.3 or newer.

    Jean-Paul
    Jean-Paul Calderone, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Jean-Paul Calderone

    Kent Johnson Guest

    Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:40:12 -0500, Kent Johnson <>
    >> Do any of these tools (PyLint, PyChecker, pyflakes) work with Jython? To
    >> do so they would have to work with Python 2.1, primarily...

    > Pyflakes will *check* Python 2.1, though you will have to run pyflakes
    > itself using Python 2.3 or newer.

    In that case will it freak when it sees imports that aren't valid in
    CPython, like

    import java
    from javax.swing import JLabel

    or is it doing syntactic analysis without trying to load the referenced
    modules?

    Hmm, maybe I should just try it...

    Thanks,
    Kent