Re: Managing multiple packages

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Bach, Nov 23, 2012.

  1. Thomas Bach

    Thomas Bach Guest

    On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 03:24:59PM -0600, Evan Driscoll wrote:

    > Suppose I have packages A-C. In addition to being modules in the Python
    > sense, they are logically distinct, probably sit in different
    > repositories, etc., so there's a directory layout like
    >
    > [SNIP]
    >
    > Finally, suppose that you're changing between editing all three modules.
    >

    > How do you deal with this?

    I am using virtual environments and do a

    python setup.py develop

    on each package. This just creates a symbolic link to the package and
    all edits show up immediately.

    I have not come up with a good solution for tox, yet.

    Hope this helps,

    Thomas.
    Thomas Bach, Nov 23, 2012