Re: Mathematical set operations in Java / searching for library

Discussion in 'Java' started by Romeo Kienzler, Jul 30, 2009.

  1. On Nov 7 2007, 3:40 pm, Eric Sosman <>
    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > thanks. i'm not quite sure, but is it possible to define for example
    > > all natural numbers easily with enumset/set?!

    > If you can afford that much memory, I want to be your friend.

    You might want to have a look at the Haskell programming language
    (http://www.haskell.org/) which has support for infinite sets and all
    mathematical set operations out of the box. On http://jaskell.codehaus.org/
    you'll find a free interpreter for Java.

    Regards,

    Romeo Kienzler
    r o m e o ( a - t ) o r m i u m . d e

    Romeo Kienzler, Jul 30, 2009