RE-Maximizing a window

David In NH

Hi All:

I've got an application that uses a browser window to display help text for
the program. When the user presses a button, a help window appears
(maximized) in the user's default browser. This works properly when there is
no browser window open yet.

If, however, the user minimizes the window and then presses the button
again, nothing appears to happen. What I want to be able to do is to cause
the browser window to be maximized again at that point. I've got the
javascript code that makes the window initially open maximized but I want
something that will re-maximize the window when invoked again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

blaine

Hey David,

Here is some really old code I have that will resize the window..
There is probably a nicer way to do it though..

w = 450;
h = 330;
if (navigator.appName=="Netscape") {
top.outerWidth=w;
top.outerHeight=h;
} else {
top.resizeTo(w,h);

David In NH

This fragment of code DOES resize the window but if it was minimized, it
doesn't get restored. Any idea of how to get that to happen?

blaine

use the focus command..

window.focus();