Re: [maybe OT] warning : debug info truncated to 255 character...

Discussion in 'C++' started by Eric Boutin, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Eric Boutin

    Eric Boutin Guest

    THANKS !!!!!

    a LOT !

    -Eric

    by the way.. even with typedef there's no way to shorten a vector<string>
    variable name ?

    why haven't the compilator thought about this issue.. the STL means long
    variable names..

    "Gene Wirchenko" <> a écrit dans le
    message de news:...
    > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:48:23 -0500, "Eric Boutin"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >currently programming something that heavily use std::vector<std::string>
    > >and std::map<std::string, std::string> . When compiling my program I

    have
    > >like 1015 warnings : warning, debug info truncated to 255 character

    (because
    > >of the decoration, template and namespace stuffs). It's getting

    annoying..
    > >it's longer to output the warning than to compile itself and when I get

    an
    > >error I must pipe stderr and make a search for error to find the error.

    Is

    Eric Boutin, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Heya Eric,

    Eric Boutin wrote:

    > why haven't the compilator thought about this issue.. the STL means long
    > variable names..

    They have - it's fixed in later compilers. You must be using VC++6.0,
    which is getting quite long in the tooth nowdays.

    Another option you have is to replace your version of the standard
    library. STLPort (http://www.stlport.org/) have a great - and free -
    library implementation that (from memory) uses quite short names for
    their types when they can. It won't eliminate the problem but it does
    alleviate it.

    But I can highly recommend Visual C++ 7.1... :)

    Cheers,
    Matt

    Matt S Trentini, Nov 28, 2003