Re: menu not wrapping IE 8

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 23, 2009.

  1. basilisk wrote:

    > Have a look at my site in IE 8 if you will,

    Why would we?

    "IE 8" is beta software, which means that nobody should use it unless he
    wants to submit bug reports on it to its developers (or for some very
    special reason, like writing a book on IE 8).

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 23, 2009

  2. Jukka K. Korpela

    basilisk Guest

    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote in message
    > basilisk wrote:
    >
    >> Have a look at my site in IE 8 if you will,

    > Why would we?
    >
    > "IE 8" is beta software, which means that nobody should use it unless he
    > wants to submit bug reports on it to its developers (or for some very
    > special reason, like writing a book on IE 8).

    Maybe MS will fix it, maybe not, and it is coming.
    I'm just trying to be prepared, left in the state it is now,
    my very fluid site is very broke.

    basilisk

    basilisk, Jan 23, 2009

  3. Jukka K. Korpela

    GTalbot Guest

    basilisk,

    Your webpage displays correctly in IE 8 pre-RC1 Partner Build 18344
    (build made around december 12th 2008, which is more than 3 months
    after release of IE 8 beta 2). I resized the browser viewport
    horizontally and the menu (set) of links still wrapped around. As
    explained in

    IE Blog, Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:12 PM
    Yes, we did...
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/01/21/yes-we-did.aspx

    CSS-formatted horizontal menu of links have better chances to be
    correctly/better rendered as we approach IE 8 RC1.

    IE 8 pre-RC1 Partner Build 18344 has over 3 months of development
    +debugging+tuning+bug-fixing work over IE 8 beta 2 build 18241.

    Regards, GĂ©rard
    --
    Internet Explorer 7 bugs: 173 bugs so far
    http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/

    GTalbot, Jan 24, 2009