Re: Menu

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
    not like the way some websites have been done.
    Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the layout
    and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.
    For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much more
    than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.



    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-valle-daosta/boende-i-valle-daosta.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 5, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Oli Filth Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 05/06/2005 18:59:
    > On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
    > not like the way some websites have been done.
    > Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the layout
    > and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.


    Yes, if you don't like a site, then don't use it. If enough people don't
    like a site and then don't use it, then that business will lose money,
    and will probably redesign their site.

    How many customers do you have at your site? If it's very few, then
    maybe you should follow this logic...


    > For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much more
    > than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.


    Well, (as in the thread many months ago) that's just paranoia, plain and
    simple.

    --
    Oli
    Oli Filth, Jun 5, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "Oli Filth" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:deHoe.5803$...
    > Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 05/06/2005 18:59:
    > > On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
    > > not like the way some websites have been done.
    > > Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the

    layout
    > > and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.

    >
    > Yes, if you don't like a site, then don't use it. If enough people don't
    > like a site and then don't use it, then that business will lose money,
    > and will probably redesign their site.



    > How many customers do you have at your site? If it's very few, then
    > maybe you should follow this logic...
    >
    >
    > > For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much

    more
    > > than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.

    >
    > Well, (as in the thread many months ago) that's just paranoia, plain and
    > simple.
    >
    > --
    > Oli


    You may think what you want.


    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-valle-daosta/boende-i-valle-daosta.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 5, 2005
    #3
  4. In article <H3Hoe.139538$>,
    says...
    > On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
    > not like the way some websites have been done.
    > Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the layout
    > and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.
    > For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much more
    > than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.


    HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
    transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends information
    to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
    don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that people
    can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site has
    is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?

    --
    Hywel

    Kill the Crazy Frog
    http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 5, 2005
    #4
  5. "Hywel Jenkins" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:...
    > In article <H3Hoe.139538$>,
    > says...
    > HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
    > transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends information
    > to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
    > don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that people
    > can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site has
    > is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?
    >
    > --
    > Hywel



    Thank you very much for your answer.

    I do not share your opinion.
    Have you ever visited my website?
    1) There are already password protected pages on the site.
    There are forms (at least one but more will be created) so personal data can
    be transferred.
    2) the https protocoll says that that is the website it maintains to be.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/blm.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 5, 2005
    #5
  6. In article <NXIoe.26487$>,
    says...
    >
    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > news:...
    > > In article <H3Hoe.139538$>,
    > > says...
    > > HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
    > > transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends information
    > > to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
    > > don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that people
    > > can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site has
    > > is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hywel

    >
    >
    > Thank you very much for your answer.
    >
    > I do not share your opinion.
    > Have you ever visited my website?


    Yes. I get lost in it every time.


    > 1) There are already password protected pages on the site.


    Then just run those pages over HTTPS - not the entire site. You're
    wasting client and server resources by doing that.


    > There are forms (at least one but more will be created) so personal data can
    > be transferred.


    The search boxes don't count.


    > 2) the https protocoll says that that is the website it maintains to be.


    What does it say? To me it says, "The developer of this site hasn't got
    a clue what she/he's doing", or "Luigi's out of his depth."

    --
    Hywel

    Kill the Crazy Frog
    http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 5, 2005
    #6
  7. "Hywel Jenkins" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:...
    > In article <NXIoe.26487$>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > "Hywel Jenkins" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > news:...
    > > > In article <H3Hoe.139538$>,
    > > > says...
    > > > HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
    > > > transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends

    information
    > > > to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
    > > > don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that

    people
    > > > can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site

    has
    > > > is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Hywel

    > >
    > >
    > > Thank you very much for your answer.
    > >
    > > I do not share your opinion.
    > > Have you ever visited my website?

    >
    > Yes. I get lost in it every time.


    That may depend on most part of the website has not been developed much in
    english, yet.
    Apart from this, I am not partecipating in this NG to hear that I would
    need a professional webdesign but to learn more about webdesign.
    So, I am considering to leave this NG if I shall not read something more
    interesting in the near future because I do not find it so useful anymore.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-valle-daosta/boende-i-valle-daosta.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 5, 2005
    #7
  8. Luigi Donatello Asero

    kchayka Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > I am considering to leave this NG if I shall not read something more
    > interesting in the near future because I do not find it so useful anymore.


    It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
    potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

    --
    Reply email address is a bottomless spam bucket.
    Please reply to the group so everyone can share.
    kchayka, Jun 5, 2005
    #8
  9. "kchayka" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:...
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > I am considering to leave this NG if I shall not read something more
    > > interesting in the near future because I do not find it so useful

    anymore.
    >
    > It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
    > potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.


    Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    webdesigner do the website?
    That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    doctor.


    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-toscana-marciana-chiessi.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 5, 2005
    #9
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    > webdesigner do the website?
    > That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    > doctor.


    If the student wants to study medicine because he wants to heal some
    disease he has, yes, then please do refer him to a doctor.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Sonhos vem. Sonhos vão. O resto é imperfeito.
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Jun 5, 2005
    #10
  11. "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:g4hl1tphnsw4$.ujejjtmimz39$...
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    > > webdesigner do the website?
    > > That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    > > doctor.

    >
    > If the student wants to study medicine because he wants to heal some
    > disease he has, yes, then please do refer him to a doctor.


    Ok.
    I see that this NG is useless, at the moment.
    Good luck.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-toscana-marciana-chiessi.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 5, 2005
    #11
  12. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > I see that this NG is useless, at the moment.


    No, far from it. You just won't bloody listen to good advice when you
    are given it. When we all say "xyz is bad because..." and you then say
    "well I don't care, I'm still going to do it" then it is *you* that
    loses out. We really don't care.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    http://electricfreedom.org - Where the Music Progressively Rocks!
    Dylan Parry, Jun 5, 2005
    #12
  13. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    > webdesigner do the website?
    > That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    > doctor.


    Luigi: Wow, I can't believe my medical school is letting me do this
    surgery! I can't wait to cut into the patient with these kitchen scissors!

    Professor: Er, Luigi, you can't cut into a patient with kitchen
    scissors. We have special scalpels for that.

    Luigi: That's your opinion, but I have my own.

    Professor: And why are you holding that kitten? No animals in the
    operating room!

    Luigi: Well, I need to put it into the patient.

    Professor: Er, maybe you should let a professional doctor do the surgery.

    Luigi: Hey, I'm just trying to learn!

    Professor: Great, so learn to what I'm trying to teach you: We don't use
    scissors to cut people open! And no kittens!

    Luigi: That's your opinion. Now, I'm going to go do that surgery!

    [Ten minutes later, we hear the patient screaming loudly from next room.]
    Leif K-Brooks, Jun 5, 2005
    #13
  14. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <>

    > "kchayka" <> skrev i meddelandet


    >> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
    >> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

    >
    > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    > webdesigner do the website?
    > That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    > doctor.


    Good analogy but unfortunately you draw the wrong conclusion. If the student
    was studying to fix up a serious medical condition in his own body (your
    case exactly) and he was showing no natural talent or preparedness to take
    advice, then it would be morally necessary to tell him to go to a doctor.

    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 6, 2005
    #14
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <>
    >
    > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet


    >>> Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    >>> webdesigner do the website?
    >>> That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    >>> doctor.

    >>
    >> If the student wants to study medicine because he wants to heal some
    >> disease he has, yes, then please do refer him to a doctor.

    >
    > Ok.
    > I see that this NG is useless, at the moment.
    > Good luck.


    Els, this is the second time you have made very similar points to me. I
    realise (after I come across yours) that in each case you make them before I
    do. Please stop doing this. Or else I will have to read all the posts I get
    before replying to any.

    :)

    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 6, 2005
    #15
  16. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:BEC9D5CC.124D4%...
    > > From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <>

    >
    > > "kchayka" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >
    > >> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
    > >> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

    > >
    > > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    > > webdesigner do the website?
    > > That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    > > doctor.

    >
    > Good analogy but unfortunately you draw the wrong conclusion. If the

    student
    > was studying to fix up a serious medical condition in his own body (your
    > case exactly) and he was showing no natural talent or preparedness to take
    > advice, then it would be morally necessary to tell him to go to a doctor.
    >
    > dorayme


    Firstly,
    if you create something for yourself, then it is ok that you do as you like
    it.
    However, if you want to do something for someone else and you want him or
    her to pay to you for that, for example for a website, I would expect if I
    were the customer that I would decide how the website should look like.
    And this is in fact one of many reasons why I do not want to hire you ( and
    others who have shown to think the same way) as a professional webdesigner.


    Secondly, when I wrote at the beginning in this NG, there were more people
    who really tried to help in my opinion, giving concrete advice about
    specifical problems concerning webdesign. Unfortunately, today, it is not
    like that any more, in my opinion. Instead, there are many people, who
    instead of giving concrete technical advice often do not answer a specific
    question and begin complaining about the bad quality of the site.

    Thirdly, we seem to have another opinion about freedom of speech and
    "knowledge". You are saying the whole time that you are on the right side
    but we have another opinion about that and you do not make things better by
    saying the whole time that you are right and the other is wrong and so on

    Fourthly I prefer to learn and not let others do the job generally speaking.


    Good luck
    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-toscana-marciana-chiessi.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 6, 2005
    #16
  17. Luigi Donatello Asero

    kchayka Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "kchayka" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > news:...
    >>
    >> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
    >> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

    >
    > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    > webdesigner do the website?


    There has been more advice given besides getting professional help, for
    example dropping the unnecessary choices of php or html.

    You claim there is a reason for them, but it doesn't look like anybody
    can think of one. I know I can't.

    You know if you enlighten us, it's possible we may just start agreeing
    with you. So care to share your reasoning?

    --
    Reply email address is a bottomless spam bucket.
    Please reply to the group so everyone can share.
    kchayka, Jun 6, 2005
    #17
  18. "kchayka" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:...
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "kchayka" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > news:...
    > >>
    > >> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
    > >> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

    > >
    > > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    > > webdesigner do the website?

    >
    > There has been more advice given besides getting professional help, for
    > example dropping the unnecessary choices of php or html.
    >
    > You claim there is a reason for them, but it doesn't look like anybody
    > can think of one. I know I can't.
    >
    > You know if you enlighten us, it's possible we may just start agreeing
    > with you. So care to share your reasoning?



    In order to legitimately protect the interests of my one-man business I
    cannot always say what I am planning to do.
    This is the case with the choice of php and html.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/italien-toscana-marciana-chiessi.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 6, 2005
    #18
  19. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Professor: And why are you holding that kitten? No animals in the
    > operating room!
    > Luigi: Well, I need to put it into the patient.


    Thank god I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. There could have
    been a bill for a new keyboard on your doorstep tomorrow.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
    Toby Inkster, Jun 6, 2005
    #19
  20. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    >> From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <>
    >>
    >> "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >
    >>>> Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
    >>>> webdesigner do the website?
    >>>> That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
    >>>> doctor.
    >>>
    >>> If the student wants to study medicine because he wants to heal some
    >>> disease he has, yes, then please do refer him to a doctor.

    >>
    >> Ok.
    >> I see that this NG is useless, at the moment.
    >> Good luck.

    >
    > Els, this is the second time you have made very similar points to me. I
    > realise (after I come across yours) that in each case you make them before I
    > do. Please stop doing this. Or else I will have to read all the posts I get
    > before replying to any.
    >
    > :)


    Shit happens ;-)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Sonhos vem. Sonhos vão. O resto é imperfeito.
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Jun 6, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Miguel Dias Moura
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    4,291
    Bruno Sirianni
    Apr 3, 2004
  2. Vilmar
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    463
    Vilmar
    May 27, 2004
  3. itzikkl
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    5,760
    itzikkl
    Mar 27, 2005
  4. mike
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    599
  5. Bryan
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    771
    Steven Cheng[MSFT]
    Mar 1, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page