Re: Method as parameter of other method in Java?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Anupam Sengupta, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Patrick May <> wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson <> writes:
    >> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:15:26 +0200, aljo_ribw wrote:
    >> > Is it possible to send a method as an argument to another method?

    >> Why?

    > I'm not sure why the original poster asked, but look up
    > "functional programming" and "closures" on Google and you'll get one
    > set of answers to your question.

    IBM developerworks has a good article on functional programming in Java.
    The article is available at:

    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-fp.html

    The article uses Jakarta Functor package, available at:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/functor/

    - Anupam

    Anupam Sengupta, Sep 1, 2004