Re: Microsoft abandons the C language

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Nomen Nescio, Aug 31, 2012.

  1. Nomen Nescio

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    Don't make my brown eyes China Blew (past tense!) scrawled:

    > I find it acceptable to crash a couple times a year due to unrecoverable
    > resource contentions that can only be recoverred by restarting anyway.

    That's pretty lame, I must admit. Either your code or your OS blow. I'm
    pretty sure I know which it is btw.

    How about issuing a helpful error message that accurately and precisely
    identifies the exact problem so you won't be accused of being a bullshitter
    and an incompetent person who shouldn't be allowed near anything you can
    plug in? If you have real resource problems maybe they'll fix them. If not
    maybe you'll fix your code.

    Nomen Nescio, Aug 31, 2012