Re: Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Blomstrom, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Time for my two cents regarding this "debate."

    I started working on an anti-Microsoft website at
    http://www.freedomware.us/ some time ago. I never
    really finished it, for several reasons. I was new to
    PHP, so it was kind of slow going to begin with. Then
    I made some big mistakes that I still haven't found
    time to fix.

    Another reason is that I was simply overwhelmed by
    Bill Gates' crimes. I've lived in Seattle and worked
    in its public schools foor nearly two decades. I
    became a political activist a few years ago and have
    even run for public office several times. Trust me,
    the more you learn about Bill Gates, the greater the
    stench.

    Still another reason my website is unfinished is that
    I was one of many teachers who got laid off in the
    wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Since then I've
    been too busy scrambling to survive to devote much
    time to politics.

    I can't prove that Bill Gates had anything to do with
    it, but I had heard through the grapevine just a year
    or two earlier that Bill Gates - who apparently
    regards public education as a Microsoft subsidiary -
    wanted to get rid of a bunch of teachers, for reasons
    known only to Gates.

    I experienced some shocking dirty tricks during my
    first bid for public office at the hands of Bill
    Gates' father. At the time, I couldn't figured out why
    he would care about a school board campaign. That was
    before I realized how important students are to Bill
    Gates' bank account.

    How sleazy is Bill Gates' father? He's a founding
    partner of Preston, Gates & Ellis - the lobbying firm
    masquerading as a law firm that recently made
    front-page headlines as the empoloyer of Jack
    Abramoff. But Abramoff isn't the only sleazebag who
    associates with Bill Gates, Sr. He may not even be the
    only murderer (assuming he's eventually convicted of
    murder).

    I find it very symbolic that the late pedophile judge,
    Gary Little, was a teacher at the Lakeside School for
    Boys - perhaps while Bill Gates and Paul Allen were
    students there. I wouldn't be at all surprised if
    Little and Bill Gates' father were chums, before
    Little committed suicide.

    The bottom line: I get sick of the tired old argument
    that Bill Gates is guilty of nothing more than
    excelling at the game of capitalism AND he's one
    helluva philanthropist besides.

    Bill Gates is a bucket of sleaze, period. He's
    obviously intelligent and a hard worker and has
    certainly earned million dollars. But he isn't worthy
    of billionaire status. That can be attributed to his
    disdain for both the law and ethics and to his silent
    partner, his father.

    And Bill Gates' "philanthropy" is nothing more than
    public relations, advertising, tax-writeoffs, bribes.
    The jackass even screwed Seattle taxpayers out of
    millions of dollars in choosing a home for the Bill
    and Melinda Gates Foundation!

    To put it in perspective, think about the legacies of
    past multi-billionaires, like the Carnegies and
    Rockefellers. They left us great institutions, like
    libraries. If Bill Gates died to today, what would his
    legacy be? "Microsoft Auditorium" in the Seattle
    Public Library. A building named "Mary Gates Hall" at
    the University of Washington. Schools that get worse
    every year, staffed by teachers who can scarcely
    afford to live in the city in which they work.

    The high-tech community typically disdains politics,
    caring little about more than an operating system that
    runs the way it should. But politics are all around
    us. As one of many examples, people should be worried
    about an extrmely powerful and amoral individual named
    Bill Gates gaining control of the Internet. Just look
    at what the b*stard has alrady done to our schools.

    http://mail.yahoo.com

    David Blomstrom, Oct 26, 2005