Re: Midp 2.0 IDE?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tim Tyler, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Tim Tyler

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Matthew <> wrote:

    : I just recently downloaded NetBeans and the sun module to be able to
    : programing midp 1.0 applications with the netbean software. Is it possible
    : to program midp 2.0 applications within netbeans? or are there any other
    : programming IDE's that are free? Does sun intend on releasing a module
    : similar to the 1.0 version? I have the 2.0 wtk installed and can compile
    : midlets without any problem. I am just looking for a IDE, as I am new to the
    : java programming language.

    You can use almost any IDE - if you are prepared to put in a bit of sweat.

    I use IBM's Eclpise for J2ME 2.0 work.

    There is a J2ME plug-in for it: http://eclipseme.sourceforge.net/

    I haven't tried that though - and it looks to be in the early stages.
    --

    Tim Tyler, Aug 28, 2003