Re: mini browser with python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Hans Mulder, Dec 5, 2012.

  1. Hans Mulder

    Hans Mulder Guest

    On 5/12/12 20:36:04, inq1ltd wrote:
    > Python help.

    ????? This is not a Python question.

    > I can connect to and download a web page,
    > html code, and save it to a file. If connected
    > to the web, I can use KWrite to open the file
    > and navigate the page.

    > I want to view the html file without using a browser
    > or KWrite as I do now.

    > In other words I need a mini, simple browser;
    > something I can build that will open, read and
    > display a saved html file.

    Why don't you use the browser you already know?

    > I would appreciate some direction.

    You're more likely to get good recommendations on
    a forum dedicated to whichever OS you are using.

    Hope this help,

    -- HansM

    Hans Mulder, Dec 5, 2012

  2. On 2012-12-05, Hans Mulder <> wrote:
    > On 5/12/12 20:36:04, inq1ltd wrote:
    >> Python help.

    > ? This is not a Python question.

    It sounds to me lik he's asking about using Python to render HTML and
    display the result. Back when I used Scheme/Tk for knocking out quick
    GUI apps, there was an "HTML" widget that allowed you to do that.
    Does Tkinter have something like that?

    --
    Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! This ASEXUAL PIG
    at really BOILS my BLOOD

    Grant Edwards, Dec 5, 2012