Re: Missing documentation for ElementTree?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gabriel Genellina, Sep 26, 2007.

  1. En Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:39:33 -0300, Robert Dailey <>
    escribi�:

    Start here: http://www.effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Gabriel Genellina, Sep 26, 2007

  2. Gabriel Genellina

    Guest

    On Sep 26, 4:00 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <>
    wrote:
    > En Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:39:33 -0300, Robert Dailey <>
    > escribi?:
    >
    > > for the _ElementInterface class, there is no documentation for most of
    > > the
    > > members of this class such as .tail and .text. There's a brief
    > > description
    > > of these things on the front page of the ElementTree docs but nothing
    > > helpful. I have no idea what Tail is vs Text and I wanted to figure this
    > > out
    > > myself, however I don't think I can now. Anyone know if I'm just missing
    > > something in the documentation or if it really isn't in there?

    > Start here:http://www.effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm
    >
    > --
    > Gabriel Genellina

    Check out the development version of the documentation
    http://docs.python.org/dev/library/xml.etree.elementtree.html#module-xml.etree.ElementTree
    , Sep 26, 2007

  3. Robert Dailey wrote:

    > This is the documentation for 3.0a1? This is exactly what I was looking
    > for. Thank you.
    >
    > @Gabriel
    > Your documentation is also useful, it never occurred to me to check the
    > ElementTree website for documentation. Since it came with Python I
    > expected it to be covered by the python documentation. Thanks.

    the Element interface section was accidentally omitted due to a weird
    operator error. looks like someone has finally gotten around to fix
    that in the development versions.

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Sep 26, 2007