Re: Missing python27.dll on Win 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Jun 16, 2011.

  1. On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:26:31 +0100, David Aldrich
    <> declaimed the following in
    gmane.comp.python.general:

    > ... python27.dll is missing from your computer ...
    >
    > and, indeed, it is in neither C:\Windows\System32 nor C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

    Didn't M$ decree, some years ago, that application specific DLLs (in
    this situation, Python is the application) should install in the
    application path, and NOT in any system path.

    > Please will someone suggest what I am doing wrong?

    I find the corresponding DLL in

    e:\Python25\libs

    (I've started putting third party applications on the e: partition as my
    C: partition was getting too tight for defrag operations)... Oh,
    ActiveState Python 2.5 install here...

    Most likely you need to put the Python libs directory into your
    system PATH (not PYTHONPATH) variable.
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/