Re: [MissingFieldException: Field not found:

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Saunders, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. "katty" <> wrote in message
    > I get following error when the website is idle..but if I reset it..it
    > goes...can you please help with this error..

    <snip>

    > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +84
    > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
    >
    > System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutio
    > nStep.Execute()
    > +179
    > System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
    > completedSynchronously) +87

    The above stack frame shows that the web site is NOT idle. A request came
    in, or ProcessRequest would not have been called.
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
    John Saunders, Jul 15, 2004

  2. "katty" <> wrote in message
    > John,
    >
    > Thank you for prompt reply
    >
    > right ...let me reframe my Question.....
    >
    > my Web control method on a page uses something which is dependent on

    server's cache...thats why it is trying to read from temp asp.net files.
    When that page is not requested for some hours i get that error. But when I
    reset IIS page is working fine.

    > what could be the reason.

    I'm trying to tell you that the stack trace you posted is from the execution
    of a request for a page. I think it is executing
    NstAdvanceUnitSalesTOC.aspx. Either something has requested that page or
    else maybe the cache item expiration is requesting that page. Do you mean
    that the method is dependant on the output cache, or the Cache property?

    John Saunders, Jul 15, 2004

  3. "josh_sivey" <> wrote in message
    > I'm getting the exact same error on one of our production servers. The

    only difference is that the UserControl on my page does not rely on Server
    Cache for it's state information... What could be causing this error?

    Please post the complete stack trace.

    John Saunders, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Katty

    Did you find a solution to your problem? This seems to occur when using
    third party controls on user controls on non-development machines. We are
    having the same problem and haven't yet found a solution.

    Robert

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9iZXJ0c19sYWNvdGE=?=, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Katty

    Did you find a solution to your problem? We are having the same issue.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGFjb3Rh?=, Oct 19, 2004