Re: mktime, how to handle dates before 01-01-1970 ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stef Mientki, Oct 8, 2009.

  1. Stef Mientki

    Stef Mientki Guest

    Stephen Hansen wrote:
    > <snip>
    > Personally, while /users/ may write a date in a lazy way like
    > "01-01-53", I'd never store that and would avoid having them enter
    > them directly. At the UI level I'd validate and normalize it to a
    > standard format before storing it.

    yes I agree, but the data is coming from all kind of programs,
    some more than 10 years old.
    > E.g. instead of users entering someone's birthday into a control, I'd
    > use a calendar control, and store it with (in wx terms)
    > date.FormatISODate(). Or use date.toString(ISODate) in QT terms (ish).

    I don't know your age,
    but with my age it takes hours to look up my birthday on a windows
    calender control ;-)

    cheers,
    Stef
    Stef Mientki, Oct 8, 2009