Re: mmm-mode, python-mode and doctest-mode?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Neal Becker, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. Neal Becker

    Neal Becker Guest

    Edward Loper wrote:

    >> Anyone testing on xemacs? I tried it, and C-c C-c sent xemacs into an
    >> infinite loop (apparantly).

    > It works fine for me in XEmacs 21.4 (patch 17) (i386-debian-linux,
    > Mule). If you could answer a few questions, it might help me track down
    > the problem:
    >
    > - What version of xemacs are you running?
    > - What version of doctest-mode are you running (0.4 or 0.5)?
    > - Are you using doctest-mode by itself, or in combination with another
    > mode (via mmm-mode)?
    > - Does pressing control-g (possibly repeatedly) cause it to become
    > unstuck?
    > - Does it always freeze when you hit C-c C-c? Or does it depend on the
    > contents of the buffer? Does it freeze if you run it in an empty
    > buffer?
    >
    > You could try changing the value of doctest-python-command, to see if
    > that helps -- "M-x customize-variable doctest-python-command". Set it
    > to the full path to a Python interpreter.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Edward

    Value: "21.5 (beta28) \"fuki\" XEmacs Lucid"

    I tested with 'hello.py', which is attached.

    Load hello.py. M-x mmm-mode. Then move cursor to the highlighted test
    region (the triple quoted doctest). C-h k C-c C-c says 'doctest-execute'.
    good. Now C-c C-c sends xemacs into an infinite loop.

    hello.py---------------
    import math

    '''
    >>> print 2 + 2