Re: ModelSim 5.7 and xilinx libraries

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by David Bishop, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. David Bishop

    David Bishop Guest

    The SIMPRIM and UNISIM libraries are easy, there are only a few files.
    Just remember to compile the component packages last.

    The Xilinx core libraries are something else. There is a compilation
    order file inside the IP directory. I have a little script that compiles
    these files, if you need it drop me a line.

    --
    NAME: David W. Bishop INTERNET: ( \ )
    US MAIL: Hilton NY A Long time ago, \__\/
    David Bishop, Jun 28, 2003

  2. David Bishop wrote:

    > The SIMPRIM and UNISIM libraries are easy, there are only a few files.
    > Just remember to compile the component packages last.
    >
    > The Xilinx core libraries are something else. There is a compilation
    > order file inside the IP directory. I have a little script that compiles
    > these files, if you need it drop me a line.
    >
    > Thomas wrote:
    > >
    > > How do you recompile the libraries for ModelSim 5.7? all the libs I found
    > > at for 5.6
    > >
    > > I tried to ask modelsim to rebuild them, but there are lots of errors.
    > > I tried the tcl script on xilinx's ftp, as a result it goes for a while and
    > > then modelsim just crashes and quits...

    The 5.x Xilinx tools include a utility called 'compxlib' for doing this.
    I don't know if it is available in the WebPak or only in the full ISE
    tools.

    http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xilinx5/data/docs/sim/sim0055_10.html
    Tim Hubberstey, Jun 28, 2003