Re: More on debuggers

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Magno, Nov 30, 2010.

  1. Magno

    Magno Guest

    On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:

    > Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
    > that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
    > properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
    >
    > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3897010229726822034#
    >
    > This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
    > and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
    > smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....

    No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
    being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
    Greetings.
    Magno, Nov 30, 2010

  2. In article <>,
    Magno <> wrote:
    >On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:
    >>
    >> Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
    >> that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
    >> properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
    >>
    >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3897010229726822034#
    >>
    >> This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
    >> and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
    >> smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....
    >>

    >No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
    >being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
    >Greetings.

    You misspelled "mango".

    --
    One of the best lines I've heard lately:

    Obama could cure cancer tomorrow, and the Republicans would be
    complaining that he had ruined the pharmaceutical business.

    (Heard on Stephanie Miller = but the sad thing is that there is an awful lot
    of direct truth in it. We've constructed an economy in which eliminating
    cancer would be a horrible disaster. There are many other such examples.)
    Kenny McCormack, Dec 1, 2010

  3. Magno

    Magno Guest

    On 11/30/2010 09:10 PM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > Magno<> wrote:
    >> On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
    >>> that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
    >>> properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
    >>>
    >>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3897010229726822034#
    >>>
    >>> This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
    >>> and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
    >>> smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....
    >>>

    >> No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
    >> being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
    >> Greetings.

    > You misspelled "mango".

    Good one.
    Magno, Dec 1, 2010
  4. Magno

    Chris H Guest

    In message <>, Magno
    <> writes
    >On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:
    >>
    >> Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
    >> that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
    >> properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
    >>
    >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3897010229726822034#
    >>
    >> This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
    >> and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
    >> smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....
    >>

    >No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
    >being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
    >Greetings.

    You haven't.
    You can't.

    Chris H, Dec 1, 2010