Re: Most accurate browser for CSS?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Whitecrest, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <c4f5gr$mr4$>,
    says...
    > Okay, I may have missed what he wrote but I think all these hacks(1) are
    > a bad habit to take and these hacks for specific browsers are not always
    > reliable. People should focus on writing good, compliant code first of
    > all and demand that browser manufacturers (notably Microsoft and its
    > Explorer browser) eradicate CSS bugs and improve their current CSS
    > support (mostly CSS2)....

    In theory you are absolutely correct. However, if you actually did
    that, (write 100% compliant code regardless if it worked or not in a
    browser) your page may or may not work correctly.

    So do you make a point and teach those browser makers a lesson, at the
    possible cost of losing customers? Or do you make you page work right.

    Decisions decisions....
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com