Re: Most discussion on comp.lang.python is about developing withPython

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Nov 13, 2013.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 11/13/2013 3:35 PM, bob gailer wrote:

    > I am very disappointed to see so much energy and bandwidth going to
    > conversations that bash individuals.

    Me too.

    > Is there a moderator for this list?

    Posts from new addresses go to moderators for spam deletion. There are a
    couple a day that are discarded. Posts with 'suspicious headers' also
    get checked. Non-suspicious posts from known people (perhaps 90%) do not
    get checked. We have not yet gotten into 'censorship' of trolling and
    flaming. I would prefer not being forced into considering it.

    > Or would you be willing to stop the bashing? I don't see that it helps
    > anyone, and could be very offputting to other newbies.

    I wish a few more old-timers would consider the effect of their posts on
    newcomers.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Nov 13, 2013

  2. On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:53:46 -0500, Terry Reedy wrote:

    >> Is there a moderator for this list?

    > Posts from new addresses go to moderators for spam deletion. There are a
    > couple a day that are discarded. Posts with 'suspicious headers' also
    > get checked. Non-suspicious posts from known people (perhaps 90%) do not
    > get checked. We have not yet gotten into 'censorship' of trolling and
    > flaming. I would prefer not being forced into considering it.

    Terry, perhaps you are referring to the mailing list.
    But this is also a newsgroup, and I believe that there is no moderator on
    that.

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Nov 13, 2013