Re: Most recent C and C++ standards documents ?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Richard Heathfield, May 20, 2006.

  1. [comp.lang.c added, followups set to comp.lang.c]

    Chris Uppal said:

    >> > Thank you. And Alf.
    >> >
    >> > (Found it now, but sadly expensive...)

    >> Well, "expensive" is relative, but it's entirely possible that you've
    >> stumbled across the $250 paper version, rather than the $18
    >> electronic version available from the ANSI Web store.

    > Do you have a link for that ?

    No, I'm afraid not - I bought my copy about six years ago, and a URL has to
    be pretty special to last that long in my head without being used!

    Hence, followups set to comp.lang.c - someone there should know.

    > The version I found is (the link will wrap):
    >
    > http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=ISO/IEC 9899:
    > 1999
    >
    > which states that the cost is $281 (presumably US dollars), and that
    > /seems/ to be for the PDF version.
    >
    > $18 (or at least < $40) sounds a lot more reasonable, and fits with my
    > memory of what I paid for other ANSI standards in PDF form. Perhaps
    > it's an error on the page.

    I certainly paid $18 for mine.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, May 20, 2006

  2. Richard Heathfield

    pete Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > [comp.lang.c added, followups set to comp.lang.c]
    >
    > Chris Uppal said:

    > >> Well, "expensive" is relative, but it's entirely possible that you've
    > >> stumbled across the $250 paper version, rather than the $18
    > >> electronic version available from the ANSI Web store.

    > > Do you have a link for that ?

    > No, I'm afraid not - I bought my copy about six years ago, and a URL has to
    > be pretty special to last that long in my head without being used!
    >
    > Hence, followups set to comp.lang.c - someone there should know.
    >
    > > The version I found is (the link will wrap):
    > >
    > > http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=ISO/IEC 9899:
    > > 1999
    > >
    > > which states that the cost is $281 (presumably US dollars), and that
    > > /seems/ to be for the PDF version.
    > >
    > > $18 (or at least < $40) sounds a lot more reasonable,
    > > and fits with my
    > > memory of what I paid for other ANSI standards in PDF form. Perhaps
    > > it's an error on the page.

    > I certainly paid $18 for mine.

    http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/IEC 9899-1999

    $30

    --
    pete

    pete, May 20, 2006

  3. Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > [comp.lang.c added, followups set to comp.lang.c]
    >
    > Chris Uppal said:

    > >> Well, "expensive" is relative, but it's entirely possible that you've
    > >> stumbled across the $250 paper version, rather than the $18
    > >> electronic version available from the ANSI Web store.

    > > Do you have a link for that ?

    > No, I'm afraid not - I bought my copy about six years ago, and a URL has to
    > be pretty special to last that long in my head without being used!
    >
    > Hence, followups set to comp.lang.c - someone there should know.

    Pete provided the link but it is also noteworthy that the latest draft
    version, n1124, is available for free at
    <www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf>. This contains
    the full 1999 Standard updated to include both TC1, TC2, the resulting
    changes of various Defect Reports and minor mistakes such as typos, all
    changes are marked with bars. This is arguably superior as the
    paid-for 1999 Standard does not incorporate TC1 & TC1 (which you can
    download for free seperately).

    Robert Gamble

    Robert Gamble, May 20, 2006