Re: Mozilla / CSS problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Robert Frost-Bridges, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:52:19 +0100, "Marc" <> wrote:

    [snip]

    >In Mozilla on the above page, if you resize the window to 800*600 or less,
    >the caption for the quote ends up going under the <h2> that follows it. In
    >IE, the <h2> simply moves down happily.

    >I could stick a margin-bottom within the caption CSS, but that only works
    >for this text. As the content is taken from a database which is to be fed
    >data by the readers board (religious people, old, little tech knowledge), I
    >cannot take that risk.

    >Anyone got any ideas?

    Change the text-align for the caption to 'left'.

    --
    frostie
    http://www.brightonfixedodds.com

    Robert Frost-Bridges, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Robert Frost-Bridges

    Marc Guest

    > >In Mozilla on the above page, if you resize the window to 800*600 or
    less,
    > >the caption for the quote ends up going under the <h2> that follows it.

    In
    > >IE, the <h2> simply moves down happily.

    > >I could stick a margin-bottom within the caption CSS, but that only works
    > >for this text. As the content is taken from a database which is to be

    fed
    > >data by the readers board (religious people, old, little tech knowledge),

    > >cannot take that risk.

    > >Anyone got any ideas?

    > Change the text-align for the caption to 'left'.

    Will this make any difference? The problem is that when it runs over onto
    more than one line it does not push the text below down.

    Marc, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Robert Frost-Bridges, Aug 1, 2003