Re: multi-lines deprecated

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Jeremy Yallop, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Frédéric Liné wrote:
    > My gcc 3.2.2 tells me that "multilines are deprecated". What am I
    > supposed to use instead ?

    Do you perhaps mean "multi-line string literals are deprecated"? If
    so, you can use the fact that adjacent string literals are
    concatenated to retain the general layout of your code. That is,
    instead of writing

    char c[] = "This is a multi-line
    string";

    you can write

    char c[] = "This is a multi-line\n"
    "string";

    I notice that in gcc-3.3.3 multi-line string literals seem to have
    been removed altogether, so the deprecation warning should be heeded.

    Jeremy.

    Jeremy Yallop, Mar 1, 2004