Re: multiline property in txtbox, but max char not working.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Spencer, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Although ASP.Net uses the same class to display both a single-line textbox
    (HTML input type=text) and a multi-line textbox (HTML textarea), they are 2
    completely different HTML objects. An input type=text object has a maxLength
    attribute; a textarea does not. The only way to restrict the length of data
    in a textarea is with Validation.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > I have a text box and am using it for user input, string up to 50

    characters

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 19, 2004