Re: Multiple python installations on opensuse?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ishwor Gurung, Dec 17, 2009.

  1. 2009/12/17 Johan Ekh <>:
    > Hi all,
    > I use the finite element package ABAQUS that is partly built around python
    > 2.4.3.
    > ABAQUS ships with its own version of python 2.4.3 but it comes without third
    > party
    > libraries, e.g. numpy and scipy. In order to load these modules into ABAQUS
    > python
    > I must install python 2.4.3. on my opensuse laptop. How can I do this
    > without interference
    > with my python 2.6 installation that I use for all my non-ABAQUS python
    > work?

    Go to python.org, and download appropriate source (shjould be one for
    2.4 final release).

    $ mkdir $HOME/my2.4build/
    $ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/my2.4build && make && make install;

    To run-
    $ cd $HOME/my2.4build/bin
    $ ./python

    I am assuming you've got the C/C++ libraries installed.
    --
    Regards,
    Ishwor Gurung

    Ishwor Gurung, Dec 17, 2009