RE: my first program- List Box help?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    >I am new to python and am trying to make a front end for an emulator.
    >I am using python, livewires and pygame. I am able to do everything I
    >want except createa list box.
    >
    >So I think all I need to learn how to do is draw a text box that
    >imports a xml file and with every click of an arrow key it updates a
    >variable. I also do not know how to start the bat file. But I think I
    >might be able to figure out on my own.

    It's quite difficult to know where to start: you've obviously
    already got the pygame and livewires documentation, and equally
    obviously you already know that once you're into pygame-style
    development you're rolling your own all the way. Which means that
    there is no one canonical way to produce a list box and to
    trigger a set of images on each movement within it, so it's
    difficult to post a code fragment.

    Having said that I have produced some small widgets for use in
    a pygame-based application here, including a listbox which I
    use for selecting a printer from the available list.
    If this would be of use to you I'm happy to send it.
    Let me know.

    And/Or give a clearer idea of what you're up to. And post
    some code that you've already done so we can see what
    approach you're taking.

    TJG

    http://www.star.net.uk

    Tim Golden, Apr 26, 2004