Re: My son wants me to teach him Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cameron Simpson, Jun 16, 2013.

  1. On 14Jun2013 20:12, Dennis Lee Bieber <> wrote:
    | [...] PowerShell has been
    | available as a download on WinXP and standard on Win7 [PS 3 is a
    | download for Win7, stock on real Win8].
    | While I'm not fluent in it, there are some commands I've gotten
    | rather engrained...
    |
    | get-childitem -recurse -filter "*.ad*" | select-string -pattern "with"
    |
    | finds all the Ada (GNAT convention .ads/.adb) files containing "with"
    | statements. And pattern probably is a regex so I could fine tune it to
    | just the package withs by using a start of line marker...

    Hmm.

    find . -name '*.ad*' | xargs grep with

    on almost any UNIX system. There's any number of variations on that
    depending on exactly what you want. I'm not going to get sucked
    into a UNIX/Windows bickerfest here, but your PowerShell example
    isn't winning me over. Sound like they reinvented the wheel. Again,
    years later:-(

    Cheers,
    --
    Cameron Simpson <>