Re my style sheet and explorer 5.1 for mac

deltacue2003

It would appear that my style sheet doesnt change background colour
viewed in explorer 5.1 for mac is this the case or can I adjust
something in my style sheet.

Dan

It would appear that my style sheet doesnt change background colour
viewed in explorer 5.1 for mac is this the case or can I adjust
something in my style sheet.

People might have a better idea what you're doing, and whether you're
doing it wrong, if you actually provided some code or a URL so that
they can see what you're putting in your stylesheet.

deltacue2003

Dan
My style sheet is very simple at the moment the code is

body { background-color: #ffffff;
color: #003300;}
h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
font size.

But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
Dan
My style sheet is very simple at the moment the code is

body { background-color: #ffffff;
color: #003300;}
h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
font size.

But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.

You should not be using points for font size, it is not resizable, use
percentages.

deltacue2003

The font size is ok at the moment its the background colour thats the
problem it wont change in explorer.

Simon

To the group

My style sheet works fine with netscape7 but not explorer 5.1 for mac
I am using Mac OS 9.1 the code on my external style sheet style.css
reads

body { background-color: #ffffff;
color: #003300;}
h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

My document contains the code

<link rel=" stylesheet " type="text/css" href="style.css" />

Can you help

Simon

Problem solved the " stylesheet " needed bringing in like so
"stylesheet" I could see it straight away when posted code it would
appear netscape 7 is a little more loose on the coding something to
remember.

regards
Simon

dorayme

Dan
My style sheet is very simple at the moment the code is

body { background-color: #ffffff;
color: #003300;}
h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
font size.

But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.

It works fine in IE 5.1.6 on a Mac 7600 running OS 9.1

You don't say how you worked this? You using external stylesheet or inline
or script in the head? And if the bg is as you have it, this is the default:
I assume you have tried to change it without luck to eg. #FF0000?

Clear your cache in IE, quit it and restart and see. It works on my tests
using your css as an external linked to the html.

dorayme

(7pt? phew! Make sure you donate your eyes for if - God forbid - you cark it
prematurely)

Steve Pugh

Simon said:
My style sheet works fine with netscape7 but not explorer 5.1 for mac
I am using Mac OS 9.1 the code on my external style sheet style.css
reads

body { background-color: #ffffff;
color: #003300;}
h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

Is that your whole stylesheet? Odd that you decide to style level six
headers but not levels one to five. And how many documents do you have
with six levels of headers?
Anyway, text for display on screen on the WWW should not be styled in
pt. For starters Win IE users can't resize it and hence may not be
able to read your content.
My document contains the code

<link rel=" stylesheet " type="text/css" href="style.css" />

Presumably an XHTML document? I suppose that some bad browsers may
have problems with the spaces in the rel attribute but that would
cause the whole sheet to be ignored.
Can you help

We need a URL. There are other factors that may be important, some of
which can only be determined by seeing the pages in situ.

Steve

Simon

All is well at the moment with my simple code Ive got the fuction I
needed. (7pt )its for the copyright detail at the bottom but I get your
points. Im on a learning curve here .

Thanks for your help

Simon

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Simon said:
All is well at the moment with my simple code Ive got the fuction I
needed. (7pt )its for the copyright detail at the bottom but I get
your points. Im on a learning curve here .

Normally, copyright is either a <div> or perhaps even a <p> paragraph,
if you have some text. It wouldn't be a heading. Never use pt for a
web page.

..copyright { font-size: 85%; }

Lauri Raittila

in said:
Simon wrote:
Normally, copyright is either a <div> or perhaps even a <p> paragraph,
if you have some text.

Or <address>, if it contains information about author of document. If you
use that, it is good to remember to use font-style:normal, as otherwise
you get slanted text on most cases.(Browsers call it italic, but unlike
real italics, it is hard to read)

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in

Please quote relavent portions previous thread...
The font size is ok at the moment its the background colour thats the
problem it wont change in explorer.

The font size is NOT ok at the momemnt, because it cannot be resized.