    viewed in explorer 5.1 for mac is this the case or can I adjust
    something in my style sheet.
    , Feb 26, 2005

  2. Dan Guest

    wrote:
    > It would appear that my style sheet doesnt change background colour
    > viewed in explorer 5.1 for mac is this the case or can I adjust
    > something in my style sheet.

    People might have a better idea what you're doing, and whether you're
    doing it wrong, if you actually provided some code or a URL so that
    they can see what you're putting in your stylesheet.

    --
    Dan
    Dan, Feb 26, 2005

    Dan
    My style sheet is very simple at the moment the code is

    body { background-color: #ffffff;
    color: #003300;}
    h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

    It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
    font size.

    But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.
    , Feb 26, 2005
  4. Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > Dan
    > My style sheet is very simple at the moment the code is
    >
    > body { background-color: #ffffff;
    > color: #003300;}
    > h6 {font-size: 7pt; }
    >
    > It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
    > font size.
    >
    > But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.

    You should not be using points for font size, it is not resizable, use
    percentages.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, Feb 26, 2005

    The font size is ok at the moment its the background colour thats the
    problem it wont change in explorer.
    , Feb 26, 2005
  6. Simon Guest

    To the group

    My style sheet works fine with netscape7 but not explorer 5.1 for mac
    I am using Mac OS 9.1 the code on my external style sheet style.css
    reads

    body { background-color: #ffffff;
    color: #003300;}
    h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

    My document contains the code

    <link rel=" stylesheet " type="text/css" href="style.css" />

    Can you help
    Simon, Feb 26, 2005
  7. Simon Guest

    Problem solved the " stylesheet " needed bringing in like so
    "stylesheet" I could see it straight away when posted code it would
    appear netscape 7 is a little more loose on the coding something to
    remember.

    regards
    Simon
    Simon, Feb 26, 2005
  8. dorayme Guest

    > Dan
    > My style sheet is very simple at the moment the code is
    >
    > body { background-color: #ffffff;
    > color: #003300;}
    > h6 {font-size: 7pt; }
    >
    > It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
    > font size.
    >
    > But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.

    It works fine in IE 5.1.6 on a Mac 7600 running OS 9.1

    You don't say how you worked this? You using external stylesheet or inline
    or script in the head? And if the bg is as you have it, this is the default:
    I assume you have tried to change it without luck to eg. #FF0000?

    Clear your cache in IE, quit it and restart and see. It works on my tests
    using your css as an external linked to the html.

    dorayme

    (7pt? phew! Make sure you donate your eyes for if - God forbid - you cark it
    prematurely)
    dorayme, Feb 26, 2005
  9. Steve Pugh Guest

    "Simon" <> wrote:

    >My style sheet works fine with netscape7 but not explorer 5.1 for mac
    >I am using Mac OS 9.1 the code on my external style sheet style.css
    >reads
    >
    >body { background-color: #ffffff;
    >color: #003300;}
    >h6 {font-size: 7pt; }

    Is that your whole stylesheet? Odd that you decide to style level six
    headers but not levels one to five. And how many documents do you have
    with six levels of headers?
    Anyway, text for display on screen on the WWW should not be styled in
    pt. For starters Win IE users can't resize it and hence may not be
    able to read your content.

    >My document contains the code
    >
    ><link rel=" stylesheet " type="text/css" href="style.css" />

    Presumably an XHTML document? I suppose that some bad browsers may
    have problems with the spaces in the rel attribute but that would
    cause the whole sheet to be ignored.

    >Can you help

    We need a URL. There are other factors that may be important, some of
    which can only be determined by seeing the pages in situ.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Feb 26, 2005
  10. Simon Guest

    All is well at the moment with my simple code Ive got the fuction I
    needed. (7pt )its for the copyright detail at the bottom but I get your
    points. Im on a learning curve here .

    Thanks for your help

    Simon
    Simon, Feb 26, 2005
  11. Simon wrote:
    > All is well at the moment with my simple code Ive got the fuction I
    > needed. (7pt )its for the copyright detail at the bottom but I get
    > your points. Im on a learning curve here .

    Normally, copyright is either a <div> or perhaps even a <p> paragraph,
    if you have some text. It wouldn't be a heading. Never use pt for a
    web page.

    ..copyright { font-size: 85%; }

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 26, 2005
  12. in alt.html, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Simon wrote:

    > Normally, copyright is either a <div> or perhaps even a <p> paragraph,
    > if you have some text.

    Or <address>, if it contains information about author of document. If you
    use that, it is good to remember to use font-style:normal, as otherwise
    you get slanted text on most cases.(Browsers call it italic, but unlike
    real italics, it is hard to read)

    Utrecht, NL.
    Lauri Raittila, Feb 27, 2005
  13. Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    Please quote relavent portions previous thread...

    >>> h6 {font-size: 7pt; }
    >>>
    >>> It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
    >>> font size.
    >>>
    >>> But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.
    >>>
    >>> The font size is ok at the moment its the background colour thats the
    >>> problem it wont change in explorer.
    >>>

    >> You should not be using points for font size, it is not resizable, use
    >> percentages.

    > The font size is ok at the moment its the background colour thats the
    > problem it wont change in explorer.

    The font size is NOT ok at the momemnt, because it cannot be resized.

    Adrienne, Feb 28, 2005