Re: MySQLdb insert HTML code error

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Dec 11, 2012.

  1. On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Anatoli Hristov <> wrote:
    >> Brilliant, I think your problem is in line 97 of the code that you *HAVEN'T
    >> QUOTED*. Please go here, read and inwardly digest before you say anything
    >> else http://www.sscce.org/

    > :) I thought it was clear. the "spec" is the description and when the
    > str"spec" contains the html code I'm getting an error, if you don't
    > want to help then just don't become an..........

    SSCCE starts with "Short". The HTML you unloaded into that email
    hardly qualifies.

    When you're trying to figure out a problem that appears to happen only
    when you have X and not when you have Y, see what the smallest example
    data for X and Y are that continue to exhibit the difference. It's way
    easier, especially on those of us who might have been interested in
    helping, had it been possible to paste your failing code into IDLE.
    Plus, in cutting it down you might discover what the real cause of the
    problem is.

    Of course, sometimes you fail to cut something down as expected. In
    this example, HTML didn't turn out to be the problem, so cutting it
    down to "<html></html>" wouldn't have worked. But do at least _try_,
    and then mention what worked and didn't work in your question.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Dec 11, 2012