Re: NamedTemporaryFile does not match documentation

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Feb 22, 2013.

  1. On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Jason Friedman <> wrote:
    >> NamedTemporaryFile by default opens a file in binary mode ('w+b'). Write
    >> bytes or specify text mode.

    >> 13

    >> 13

    > Thank you Chris and Serhiy, that helped. I'm inclined to open a
    > documentation bug because I could not reproduce the code/output
    > snippet on page
    > http://docs.python.org/release/3.2.2/library/tempfile.html#module-tempfile.

    Yep, that looks like a docs bug (it was probably copied straight in
    from the 2.x docs). Nice and easy to fix, you could submit a patch
    with the bug report and make the devs love you!

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Feb 22, 2013