Re: Nest table in table invisibly

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Blinky the Shark, Nov 27, 2007.

  1. Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> On 26 Nov, 23:37, dorayme <> wrote:

    >>> --
    >>> dorayme

    >> RIGHT, I thought it was only a matter of time before I got this kind
    >> of 'help'.

    <snip>

    >> Tell me the answer

    > For your information, I had written an answer above but, once I saw
    > these last four words, and took into additional consideration your sneer
    > at dorayme's 'help' above, I deleted it. Who do you think you are?

    Just another Google Grouper.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Blinky the Shark

    Guest

    On 27 Nov, 06:11, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > >> RIGHT, I thought it was only a matter of time before I got this kind
    > >> of 'help'.

    > <snip>
    >
    > >> Tell me the answer

    > > For your information, I had written an answer above but, once I saw
    > > these last four words, and took into additional consideration your sneer
    > > at dorayme's 'help' above, I deleted it. Who do you think you are?

    > Just another Google Grouper.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups
    > The Usenet Improvement Project -http://improve-usenet.org

    yo,
    I think I'm someone who it is very important that you help, thank you
    very much.

    Now, about that answer, it isn't that I've given up on css it's just
    that I thought you could achive everything with inline css. Once I've
    got that working I'll stick it in a css, it seems simpler to mess
    about with inline css.

    Unfortunately I think the answer is that firefox just happens to draw
    it as I want and IE doesn't and that is that.

    Thanks for your help
    , Nov 27, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > On 27 Nov, 06:11, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >> Harlan Messinger wrote:

    >> <snip>

    >>> For your information, I had written an answer above but, once I saw
    >>> these last four words, and took into additional consideration your sneer
    >>> at dorayme's 'help' above, I deleted it. Who do you think you are?

    >> Just another Google Grouper.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blinky
    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project -http://improve-usenet.org

    > yo,
    > I think I'm someone who it is very important that you help, thank you
    > very much.

    Well actually...no. Why? None of us work for you. We are not obligated
    to help you and this is not a help desk.

    > Now, about that answer, it isn't that I've given up on css it's just
    > that I thought you could achive everything with inline css. Once I've
    > got that working I'll stick it in a css, it seems simpler to mess
    > about with inline css.
    >
    > Unfortunately I think the answer is that firefox just happens to draw
    > it as I want and IE doesn't and that is that.

    No mostly you haven't a clue about what you are doing and it quite
    evident in your markup. BTW it is possible, here with your markup
    cleaned up a bit.

    <head>

    <title>Possible</title>

    table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0; border:0; padding:
    0; margin: 0;}
    td,th { border: 2px solid #000; padding: 0 .25em; }
    td.container { border: 0; padding: 0; }
    td table { border: 0; }

    </head>

    I'll send you my bill, and your address is?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO