Re: .NET 1.0/1.1, VS 2002/VS 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by .NET Developer, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Thanks to the great guys who responded. I was able to install 1.1 on the dev
    machines and convert all the applications to 1.1. I did not run into any
    problem except with an WINDOWS app that is beging accessed thru a website.
    So I need your help.

    The windows application app.exe is hosted on a website. Users can access the
    app like http://application/app.exe. We have also used windows active
    directory groups to give limited access to various groups. app.exe is
    written in 1.0. Now I installed 1.1 on the dev machine and ran
    "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_regiis -r" to make sure
    all the applications that are written in 1.0 are still running. Because when
    we go live with 1.1 some of the applications may be still running on 1.0.
    All the web applications are still functioning properly after running the
    above command except this win app app.exe. When I go to
    http://application/app.exe I get "Anexception 'system.argumentException' has
    occured in IEExec.exe" error. I am not sure what the cause is. But when I
    went to the windows folder and double click on app.exe the application is
    opened. Any idea what is the error?

    Please help.

    ".NET Developer" <> wrote in message
    > Currently all of our Dev/Test/Production servers have .NET Framework 1.0

    on

    .NET Developer, Jan 13, 2004