Re: .NET and Python Integration Problem and PDF Library (Need Helpand Suggestions)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ravi Kumar, Dec 18, 2007.

  1. Ravi Kumar

    Ravi Kumar Guest

    In continuation of last mail [since pressing tab+space sent the mail :( ]
    Things on high priorities right now are:
    - How to integrate Python calling from .NET
    - Any suggestions for optimizations that would prevent overburden to
    application due to IronPython interpretation calling, if any, or does
    such things happen.
    - Pointers to good resources
    - Any step in such kind of situation, so to make it Enterprise Grade
    application components
    - your opinion with available PDF Libraries, that are best among. Also
    which library to use for Windows server platform (there is limitation
    on installing long chain libraries that include other deep
    dependencies too). A pure python PDF library would be good, but which
    one.
    -Which XML Library is pure python based.

    More questions will follow up :)
    And I hope, people will reply me.

    --
    -=Ravi=-
    Ravi Kumar, Dec 18, 2007

  2. On Dec 18, 6:42 am, "Ravi Kumar" <> wrote:
    > In continuation of last mail [since pressing tab+space sent the mail :( ]
    > Things on high priorities right now are:
    > - How to integrate Python calling from .NET

    If I had to do something like this I would host a Python web
    server listening on some port and let .NET application talk to me
    using HTTP requests preferably or SOAP if I really had to.
    It could be a Paster or Cherrypy or Twisted based server.
    Google for instruction on how to package it using py2exe
    into a windows service.
    The service could be hosted on the same server as .NET or a separate
    box

    > - Any suggestions for optimizations that would prevent overburden to
    > application due to IronPython interpretation calling, if any, or does
    > such things happen.
    > - Pointers to good resources
    > - Any step in such kind of situation, so to make it Enterprise Grade
    > application components

    I do not have Enterprise Grade Seal of Approval but similar setup is
    running successfully at my workplace for the last 2 years.

    http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/

    > -Which XML Library is pure python based.

    ElementTree
    Waldemar Osuch, Dec 19, 2007

  3. Ravi Kumar

    Ravi Kumar Guest

    > If I had to do something like this I would host a Python web
    > server listening on some port and let .NET application talk to me
    > using HTTP requests preferably or SOAP if I really had to.
    > It could be a Paster or Cherrypy or Twisted based server.
    > Google for instruction on how to package it using py2exe
    > into a windows service.
    > The service could be hosted on the same server as .NET or a separate
    > box

    Thats is the best solution to me also, but restrictions are I cann't
    consume extra service for it. I need tight integration and no remote
    service calls, thats why it seems bit tricky to me., and i am working
    to integrate Python implementation in .NET.
    So where the .NET application has to work with PDF part, it will
    invoke the IronPython Engine, pass required configurations and
    parameters, and get the result+exceptions etc.

    > http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/

    Noted for my reference. Thanks :)

    > > -Which XML Library is pure python based.
    > >

    > ElementTree

    So ElementTree solved one part. thanks friend.

    --
    -=Ravi=-
    Ravi Kumar, Dec 19, 2007