Re: .NET webservice and Java client

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. (Jon) writes:

    > The problem that I am running into is that the .NET service is not
    > returning a response. I think that I have narrowed it down to the
    > fact that my client is putting an "ns1" all over the place.

    The "ns1" is a reference to a namespace: As long as the receiving end
    can find the definition/schema for the namespace declaration it comes
    from all should be fine.

    > - <ns1:EchoString xmlns:ns1="http://blah.blah.com/authoring/echo"
    > SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    > <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">Hi Jon</Value>
    > </ns1:EchoString>

    But if it cannot find the definition for EchoString/Value it might
    complain via some response. Try debugging the server end to see what
    it does with the request.

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Aug 22, 2003