Re: Nevow LivePage tutorial

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Parkin, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Tim Parkin

    Tim Parkin Guest

    Tim Parkin, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Tim Parkin

    Mir Nazim Guest

    I really appriciate the help a lot, the but the problems is that i have
    already real those. What i was looking for was some kind of detailed
    tutorial, that explains the basic ideas about live page and
    formhandling etc.
    (my be it the time some nevow know guy got onto it)
    Mir Nazim, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Tim Parkin

    Tim Parkin Guest

    Mir Nazim wrote:
    > I really appriciate the help a lot, the but the problems is that i have
    > already real those. What i was looking for was some kind of detailed
    > tutorial, that explains the basic ideas about live page and
    > formhandling etc.
    > (my be it the time some nevow know guy got onto it)

    What are you trying to implement.. it may be that you don't need
    livepage at all.. Is it just some javascript to enhance a form field?
    Tim Parkin
    Tim Parkin, Mar 28, 2006
  4. Tim Parkin

    Mir Nazim Guest

    Tim Parkin wrote:
    > Mir Nazim wrote:
    > > I really appriciate the help a lot, the but the problems is that i have
    > > already real those. What i was looking for was some kind of detailed
    > > tutorial, that explains the basic ideas about live page and
    > > formhandling etc.
    > > (my be it the time some nevow know guy got onto it)

    > What are you trying to implement.. it may be that you don't need
    > livepage at all.. Is it just some javascript to enhance a form field?
    > Tim Parkin

    you are right, if it was just a some java script to enhance some for
    functionality. But my needs are much more.
    I have implemented a School management system for a few school in my
    area. Currently it id implemented in PHP. Now they have asked my to
    redesign it using AJAX. According to thier specs a lot of AJAX will be
    put in to it. Not only this the scope has broadnd a lot. I have to
    develop integrated accounting and groupware/collaboration functionality
    to it.

    Now as we know python is much better language than php. I want to do it
    in python in order to keep it maintainable over the period of time. So
    thoght Nevow will be good for it. I have understod the basics from the
    docs that come with nevow and coded a few basic pages as well. But
    these docs do not talk about LivePage and form handling. I did no get
    any thing from google either. I even looked at the examples. but could
    no understand beyond very very basic things. Things like how to
    establish as connection between client side JS and server-side python,
    how to notify and how does it take place etc. Most important how much
    what sort of JS is I need to put on clien sde and how much server side.

    These are few things i would like to know.

    So can any one help me, please. It will be OK if some could give me
    some code examples with explaination like how to establish a
    connection, how to ask for data from serverside etc.

    Thanks
    Mir Nazim, Mar 29, 2006