Re: NEW MAINTAINER for Pymacs [corrected]

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. [The contents of this announcement is identical to the one I sent a few
    days ago, except for Syver's email address. Please disregard the
    initial announcement. I'm sorry for the information duplication.]

    Hello to everybody, and Emacs users in the Python community.

    The Pymacs project (described below) now has new maintainer: Syver
    Enstad <>. I'm inviting Pymacs users to
    collaborate with Syver as nicely as they always did with me. Syver
    himself has always been known to me as a helpful, competent and
    enthusiastic Pymacs user.

    Future announcement or news, as well as any decision about Pymacs,
    will originate from Syver instead of me. Also, reports, questions or
    suggestions about Pymacs should ideally be sent directly to Syver.

    --------------------

    Pymacs is a powerful tool which, once started from Emacs, allows
    both-way communication between Emacs Lisp and Python. Pymacs aims
    Python as an extension language for Emacs rather than the other way
    around, and this assymetry is reflected in some design choices. Within
    Emacs Lisp code, one may load and use Python modules. Python functions
    may themselves use Emacs services, and handle Emacs Lisp objects kept in
    Emacs Lisp space.

    See `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca' for more documentation, including
    the manual in HTML form. The canonical Pymacs distribution is
    available as `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca/archives/Pymacs.tar.gz'.
    Report problems and suggestions to Syver Enstad
    `mailto:'.

    --
    François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard, Sep 24, 2004

  2. François Pinard a écrit :
    > [The contents of this announcement is identical to the one I sent a few
    > days ago, except for Syver's email address. Please disregard the
    > initial announcement. I'm sorry for the information duplication.]
    >
    > Hello to everybody, and Emacs users in the Python community.
    >
    > The Pymacs project (described below) now has new maintainer:

    (snip)
    > See `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca' for more documentation, including
    > the manual in HTML form.

    I got this :
    8<------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /home/pinard/vim/pymacs/web/index.html:31: Inclure ../gabarit.html

    Ne peut lire le fichier `None'.

    Variables en traitement
    caption_color 'yellow'
    home_base 'http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca'
    html_base 'http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca'
    htmldir '/home/pinard/vim/pymacs/web'
    long_package_name 'Pymacs framework'
    margin_color 'pink'
    package_name 'Pymacs'
    texte '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"
    ?>\n<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">\n<html
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"
    lang="en">\n<head>\n<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
    charset=utf-8" />\n<meta name="generator" content="Docutils 0.3.5:
    http://docutils.sourceforge.net/" />\n<title>README file for
    Pymacs</title>\n<link rel="stylesheet" href="default.css"
    type="text/css" />\n</head>

    (snip)

    top_directory '/home/pinard/vim/pymacs'
    via_traiter 'True'

    Variables de l'environnement
    PATH '/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin'

    Bruno

    bruno modulix, Sep 24, 2004

  3. [bruno modulix]
    > [François Pinard]

    > >See `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca' for more documentation, including

    > I got this :

    > /home/pinard/vim/pymacs/web/index.html:31: Inclure ../gabarit.html
    > Ne peut lire le fichier `None'.

    Oops, sorry. This is corrected now -- at least for this page; I shall
    check a few others as well which were made through the same recipe :).

    --
    François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard, Sep 24, 2004