Re: New Site

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Leif K-Brooks, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Blindsya wrote:
    > Hey all, I'm currently working on a site that acts as a directory of loads
    > of html tutorials amoungst other things. So far I have included directories
    > on tutorials of HTML, CSS, Java, PHP and valditor sites. Do you think it
    > would be worth while putting perl in there? Any other ideas?

    I'd put Perl. JavaScript, too.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jul 9, 2003

  2. On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:06:13 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Blindsya wrote:
    >> Hey all, I'm currently working on a site that acts as a directory of loads
    >> of html tutorials amoungst other things. So far I have included directories
    >> on tutorials of HTML, CSS, Java, PHP and valditor sites. Do you think it
    >> would be worth while putting perl in there? Any other ideas?

    > I'd put Perl. JavaScript, too.

    Other suggestions:

    SQL, CGI, RSS, XML

    PS: plug for my HTML tutorial:
    http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?id=150

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Other suggestions:
    >
    > CGI

    What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
    scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just
    have a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and
    equivalent for other languages...

    Leif K-Brooks, Jul 10, 2003
  4. On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:58:44 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >> Other suggestions:
    >>
    >> CGI

    > What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
    > scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just
    > have a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and
    > equivalent for other languages...

    A Perl turorial explaining how to use the CGI module won't help people
    wanting to write CGI programs in say Python, bash, tcsh or C++.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 10, 2003
  5. Leif K-Brooks

    Blindsya Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    Other suggestions:
    CGI

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
    scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just have
    a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and equivalent for
    other languages...
    A Perl turorial explaining how to use the CGI module won't help people
    wanting to write CGI programs in say Python, bash, tcsh or C++.

    Hey, guys. Remember, I'm not writing any tutorials here - I'm simple
    grouping them together in one place.

    Blindsya, Jul 10, 2003