Re: New User-Need-Help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joel Goldstick, Feb 15, 2013.

  1. On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Deborah Piotrowski
    <>wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > I am very new to Python, I am using the e-book "Python Programming for the
    > Absolute Beginner" and am starting with a simple "Game Over" Program. This
    > is the code:which is extremely simple!
    > print"Game Over" raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")

    welcome Nicholas

    One important thing about python is indentation is important. You have
    presented your code in a way that can't be. Can you actually copy your
    program and paste it into an email message. Also, Windows, Linux, Mac?

    > That's it. It is supposed to bring up a window that says "Game Over" and
    > at the bottom say "Press enter Key to exit" and when you press the enter
    > key it is supposed to exit(big suprise).
    > But all it does is highlight "raw_input" and says "invalid syntax" Now, if
    > I just put "print "Game Over"" then it says Game Over UNDERNEATH the code I
    > just printed!
    > now I am following the book to the *pixel* and that is not what is
    > supposed to happen!
    > Please email me back as soon as you get this...(if you are not to busy).
    >
    > Thanks,Nicholas

    Joel Goldstick
    http://joelgoldstick.com
    Joel Goldstick, Feb 15, 2013