Re: New User-Need-Help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bob Brusa, Feb 15, 2013.

  1. Bob Brusa

    Bob Brusa Guest

    Am Freitag, 15. Februar 2013 schrieb Joel Goldstick :

    > On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Deborah Piotrowski <
    > <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
    > '');>> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> I am very new to Python, I am using the e-book "Python Programming for
    >> the Absolute Beginner" and am starting with a simple "Game Over" Program.
    >> This is the code:which is extremely simple!
    >> print"Game Over" raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")
    >>

    > welcome Nicholas
    >

    > One important thing about python is indentation is important. You have
    > presented your code in a way that can't be. Can you actually copy your
    > program and paste it into an email message. Also, Windows, Linux, Mac?
    >

    >> That's it. It is supposed to bring up a window that says "Game Over" and
    >> at the bottom say "Press enter Key to exit" and when you press the enter
    >> key it is supposed to exit(big suprise).
    >> But all it does is highlight "raw_input" and says "invalid syntax" Now,
    >> if I just put "print "Game Over"" then it says Game Over UNDERNEATH the
    >> code I just printed!
    >> now I am following the book to the *pixel* and that is not what is
    >> supposed to happen!
    >> Please email me back as soon as you get this...(if you are not to busy).
    >>
    >> Thanks,Nicholas
    >>
    >> --

    > Joel Goldstick
    > http://joelgoldstick.com

    Nicholas,
    Could it be that you use a more recent version ( e. g. 3.3) of python? I
    found that raw_input is indeed no longer recognized. Use input instead and
    your code will work - at least it did so with python 3.3 on my iPad.
    Bob

    --
    Von Gmail Mobile gesendet

    Bob Brusa, Feb 15, 2013