Re: New User-Need-Help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Deborah Piotrowski, Feb 15, 2013.

  1. print "Game Over"
    input("\n\nPress the Enter Key to Exit")
    Syntax Error: Invalid Syntax

    --
    Nicholas J. Piotrowski
    Deborah Piotrowski, Feb 15, 2013

  2. Deborah Piotrowski

    John Gordon Guest

    In <> Deborah Piotrowski <> writes:

    > print "Game Over"
    > input("\n\nPress the Enter Key to Exit")
    > Syntax Error: Invalid Syntax

    You're probably using Python version 3, but the book was written for
    version 2. The print statement is handled a bit differently in version 3.

    Change your print statement to look like this:

    print("Game Over")

    B is for Basil, assaulted by bears
    John Gordon, Feb 15, 2013