Re: New User-Need-Help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Feb 15, 2013.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/15/2013 4:45 PM, Deborah Piotrowski wrote:

    > I am very new to Python, I am using the e-book "Python Programming for
    > the Absolute Beginner" and am starting with a simple "Game Over"
    > Program. This is the code:which is extremely simple!\
    > print"Game Over" raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")

    That code is two statements. It should either have a semicolon

    print"Game Over"; raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")

    or be entered on two lines

    print"Game Over"
    raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")

    > That's it. It is supposed to bring up a window that says "Game Over"

    I don't know what system you are running on, but print just prints to
    the window you are running in and does not bring up a new window.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Feb 15, 2013