Re: [newbie] Call command line function from windows c++ program

Discussion in 'C++' started by David White, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. David White

    David White Guest

    Peggy <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently tried
    > system( "wzzip [params]" );
    > to use winzip to zip certain files in the directory but it doesn't
    > work.
    > I thought system() would look for commands in the PATH variable and it
    > should be able to find it since I am able to type in "wzzip ... " from
    > Start->Run->cmd.
    >
    > I tried to use the function again with just a windows built-in command
    > like this:
    > system( "dir" )
    > and it works.
    >
    > Can someone tell me what's wrong and how I can fix this problem?

    Not in this newsgroup. The C++ language knows nothing of the PATH variable
    or what a given operating system should do with a given system command. You
    will get the answer in a Windows programming newgroup.

    DW

    David White, Jul 24, 2003