Re: Newbie Help

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Alex Gibson, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Alex Gibson

    Alex Gibson Guest

    "sunil" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I am newbie to FPGA. Could some one please suggest me a good
    > book on FPGA that deals with important FPGA concepts like Floor
    > Planning, Place and Route, Timing Analysis. I would also like to know
    > where I can get a FPGA tool kit. I have Orcad Aldec simulation
    > software but don't have any synthesizer software. Do anyone know how
    > to obtain Xilinx (4.2i)synthesizer? I mean what are some of the
    > synthesizer softwares and where do I download/get them?
    > Thanks,
    > Regards,
    > Sunil.

    look for xilinx webpack (you will have to register first)
    http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_prodcat_landingpage.jsp?title=ISE WebPack

    look at the xilinx cpld and fpga application notes and reference designs

    cheaper fpga boards
    digilentinc www.digilentinc.com
    xess www.xess.com

    see http://www.optimagic.com/
    for more resources, faqs, books, boards etc

    Alex
    Alex Gibson, Jun 29, 2003