Re: Newbie: interating the contents of a folder/directory

Discussion in 'C++' started by Richard Coutts, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. > Windows/VC++ 6.0

    > I need to read all of the files in a folder/directory by using simple
    > stream fuctions. I can do this if I know apriori what the names of
    > the files are, but how do you derive a list of all of the files in a
    > folder?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Rich

    Nevermind -- I found the FindFirstFile/FindNextFile and related functions.

    ~Rich

    Richard Coutts, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Richard Coutts wrote:

    >>Windows/VC++ 6.0
    >>
    >>I need to read all of the files in a folder/directory by using simple
    >>stream fuctions. I can do this if I know apriori what the names of
    >>the files are, but how do you derive a list of all of the files in a
    >>folder?
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>Rich

    > Nevermind -- I found the FindFirstFile/FindNextFile and related functions.

    That's fine, as long as you are aware that these are not standard
    functions, and therefore are not available on other platforms. They are
    also not topical here, since this group is for discussion of the
    standard C++ language.

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Aug 30, 2003