Re: newbie Java Books

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ken, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Java" is a great book - it has a good mix
    of theory, examples and exercises. It's available FREE at:

    http://www.planetpdf.com/codecuts/pdfs/eckel/TIJ3.zip

    If you like what you see you can also buy the printed version at just
    about any book store that sells computer books. I have the Dietel and
    Dietel book and I think the book looks great with all of the colour
    printing and diagrams but I felt that it came up a bit short on
    substance. I haven't seen Ivor Horton's book but I do have his
    Beginning C++ book and wasn't very impressed.

    ken

    Ken, Jul 9, 2003